Monday, August 25, 2014

Sketch Layout Challenge #15


Another challenge has wrapped up! With flu season in full swing and with me down for the count this challenge is a week late! So many of the lovely creative ladies in our group have also been sick with the flu so we didn't have many participants. But you know what, that is ok! The ladies who were able to participate didn't disappoint and made some really stunning designs... and here they are! 



Julia was our first to submit her design and she was able to include two card challenges into her one beautiful design. It is such a cheerful card, well done Julia! My favourite feature is the chevron ribbon cut into one of the bunting flags! You can read about Julia's design on her blog over here.


Tristan from Tinstar Designs was feeling a little bit nautical when she designed her card. I think it's FANTASTIC! I love the nautical details with the burlap ribbon behind the bunting flags. It's a fun masculine card - perfect for Father's Day which is just around the corner. 


And that takes us to my card! I kept mine nice and clean and fresh. I wanted to use my new Moonlight DSP Stack as the colours are just divine (as you can see). They co-ordinate together so naturally so I didn't want to take the focus off the work that paper was doing by over complicating my design. So super simple it was! Plus I am almost fresh out of thank you cards in the ole card box so I'll be making a few more of these to stock the box up again. 

Well as I said, we only had a few entries for this challenge but they were great quality and as always I'm super grateful to the ladies for taking part and sharing their incredible talents. If you'd like to join into our next challenge which I launched this afternoon, pop over to this group and join! All the details can be found there! Until next time...


Christy

No comments: