Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Green Glass!!

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from an absolutely lovely reader of my blog. Her name is Lea and she has two wonderful blogs called Life, Love and Making Stuff & Little Bits of Pretty. If you are a keen follower of Lea's blogs you will know of her love of op shopping. She had found some GREEN GLASS on one of her op shopping adventures and thought of me! Little old me!! She remembered how much I love green glass from a blog post I wrote about my collection a little while ago. 

Here is the picture of my green glass collection in the beginning... 


I almost laughed when I revisited this photo actually. I didn't realise it had been SO long since I shared with you how much this collection has grown over the past few months. I have had help growing the collection from a few friends and family who keep a keen eye out for green glass on their shopping & thrifting adventures for me. They're absolute treasures! I have found a few pieces along the way too, and let me show you JUST how far it has come. 


So back to my story. Lea sent me this beautiful green glass piece in the mail that she had found for me. It arrived around a week later and I am just in love with it. It's the sweetest pale green short sundae style glass I've ever seen! 


It fits in PERFECTLY with the collection and helps to create a beautiful balance of shapes and widths of the pieces. 


I am happy to say that my collection is COMPLETE! It is the perfect size. I think if it got any bigger it would become too overwhelming, so unless I am absolutely blown away by an amazingly incredible piece in my travels, this is how big my collection will remain. 


So a big super dooper thank you to the amazing Lea for her clever finding, and super generous gift which has perfectly completed my collection. Make sure you drop by her blogs and say hi!

Christy

1 comment:

Lea said...

Im so happy you like it and it has found such a nice family.