Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Project Organise Craft Desk: Complete!

The organisation of my craft desk has been evolving for quite some years now. There have been many different ideas, storage items, boxes, baskets, tubs, drawers, racks & caddy's! 


The biggest turning point in my organisation began when I bought my big desk! It is 1m x 2m and it has given me a nice and large space to work with. I don't need too much actual work space, and it is probably best that way so I don't spread out too much mess! I needed a large desk so I could store lots of goodies on it!


A couple of months ago I bought my 4x2 Expedit shelf from Ikea to sit on my desk. It was to replace the hutch shelf I used to have on there. It wasn't able to hold very much so it just got in the way in the end and needed to be replaced with something more functional!


After the Expedit shelf arrived, I got myself some drawers & baskets to hold the awkward items, and arranged them in the cubby's.


All that was left to organise was my cardstock & ribbon. And that is where Colcraft comes in! Col makes custom designed craft storage units. You tell him what you want, and he can make it for you. And for an EXCELLENT price too folks. 


Col made my A4 cardstock units & my ribbon holders. They match in beautifully with my Expedit!!


All that is now left to do organisation wise my in craft room is to sort out my drawers a little better. I tend to be messy with drawers so if I can find a better solution I can see myself going for it! 


So if you need some help with your craft desk organisation, duck over to Colcraft and scroll through the albums to get some ideas flowing!

And now, I'm about to pull out all my bits and bobs and make a mess of my desk and create some beautiful things! :)


Christy

No comments: