Monday, October 28, 2013

Sewing Machine Storage

I love my sewing machine & overlocker. But oh boy, they take up a lot of room and can be so awkward to store. Unfortunately the only place my two machines will fit, is on top of my big 4x4 Expedit shelves.

 A few years ago I bought a big wooden tray in a op shop for no real reason other than I thought it could look cute it I repainted it and used it on display for something one day. As usual the restoration project never really happened and the tray was put in the cupboard. 

Then one day I needed to take my overlocker somewhere for a sewing day/evening and there is no carry handle or hard cover case on my machine. Then I saw my wooden tray in the cupboard, and thought oh that will be a great way to transport it for the occasion. I ended up keeping it in the tray once I returned home again because it was so much easier putting up and and pulling it down again off the high shelf. 


It didn't take me long to realise that I had stumbled across what I think is a fabulous idea. And as you can see above, I have found myself another wooden tray for my sewing machine too! I find it so handy having the trays with manoeuvring my machines around my house to use or to take somewhere to use. 


I even keep the machines inside the wooden trays while I'm using them. It makes no difference at all unless you want to take your sewing machine tray on and off. 


Now if I could just get around to painting them so they don't look so dorky, then we would have ourselves a "happily ever after" tale to tell...


Christy

No comments: