Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIY Page Pebbles

Hi everyone!! Here is my second installment of Crystal Effects embellishments.  If you missed the first post, you can find it here.  

Have you ever heard of page pebbles before?  They're pretty little decorative stickers, with a clear dome top that are used in crafting.  Stampin' Up! don't currently offer page pebbles in their catalogue, but that doesn't stop me from creating my own using the wonderful products that they DO have available in their catalogue!

First things first.  You will need a bottle of Crystal Effects (#101055).  



If you're not sure what or how CE works, my previous post explains it a little. You will also need Glue Dots (#103683).  Next time you use your glue dots, keep a little bit of the waxy paper so you can make these page pebbles. 


You can make page pebbles into any shape or size.  For this tutorial I used a regular hole punch, and then I used the Stampin' Up! 1/2" Circle Punch (#119869) and the Small Heart Punch (#117193). 


I punched out a couple of each using my Gingham Garden DSP (#129310). 


Using glue dots, I adhered my punchies down to my little strip of waxy paper.  On another larger piece of waxy paper, I squirted a little CE out and got my paintbrush out of my stationery holder. 


Next you need to dob the CE onto the DSP shapes.  Just don't go off the edges.  Make sure you pile it up on there as high and as best as you can.  


And then let them dry overnight!  It really is THAT easy.  


  A perfect edition to a crafting project!!


Christy

No comments: