Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gift wrapping/Birthday/Elephant Foot

GIFT WRAPPING:  Gift wrapping is something I've taken more of an interest in lately.  I used to be a "chuck it in a gift bag with some scrunched up tissue paper on the top" kind of girl.  Not anymore.  Now I am a "plain wrapping paper with cool ribbon or string" kind of girl.  There is something about simple and pretty that has me hooked.  I have more white & brown wrapping paper than you can poke a stick at.  Ready and awaiting to wrap up specially selected/handmade gifts for loved ones.  Here is some bundles of goodies recently wrapped.  I won't be upset if you copy.

All the new In Colour Baker's Twine from Stampin' Up melts my heart.
BIRTHDAY:  Guess what?  A Christy Production turns 2 this month.  And to think I almost didn't realise.  It only took me 12 days to figure it out.  But I got there in the end.  I'm so pleased with what I have achieved in the past two years.  I am a much more confident, successful and courageous person, than what I was 2 years ago.  I can thank alot of you kind ladies for that, and for your kind words and kind deeds.  


ELEPHANT FOOT: Just under two weeks ago, I had an accident.  Husby and I were going camping, and I was lucky enough to have the day off of work, the day before we were scheduled to leave for camping.  To cut a really long (kind of boring) story short, whilst carrying camping equipment down the stairs, I fell.  I badly injured my left ankle.  After a trip to the ER I could count my blessings that it was not broken.  

My experiences over the past 12 days or so:

- Being pushed around in a wheelchair has it's advantages, once you get over the fact that you can't do anything for yourself.
- Showering sitting down... why didn't I think of this before?  One day when I buy or build my own home, I am installing/including in the design, a bench, in my shower stall.  I can't think of a more relaxing thing in this world, than to be able to shower my tired, sore body, whilst comfortably sitting down.  
- Getting in an out of a tent and on and off of an air bed is hard when one of your legs is borderline useless.
-  I've never felt so bad for my husband in all my life, until he had to literally pick my super light weight *cough* 'unwilling to comply, overweight' body off the ground.  Twice.  I heard his back crack both times.   
- I bought brand new running sneakers just a couple of weeks ago to address the overweight issue.  I can't describe the disappointment I feel that I will not be able to exercise in the way of walking or running for at least a couple more months.

I think I will leave it at that for now.  At the end of the day, it is getting better, it hurts, but it is getting better.  I am grateful for my husby who has been taking very good care of me, and without complaint (if anything I get in trouble for trying to do things myself and not just asking for his help..)

It's OK, I laughed too.  And everyone who I went camping with.  We were all peeing our pants laughing.  The swelling started midway down my calf/leg, and went all the way down into my toes.  I still don't have an ankle yet.  This photo was taken 36 hours after I fell, before the bruising set in. 

Hope everyone is well.  Happy Mother's Day all your lovely, unselfish, devoted mother's. xo

Christy

No comments: