Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bag Contents - Public or Personal?

Earlier this evening I posted a picture of the contents of my handbag, as I was in the process of changing handbags.  It astounded me what I had accumulated over the past months in my bag, and decided to lay it out and take a picture and shared it on my personal Facebook page.  Here is the photo...

Contents: Sanitary items, Diary, Small Bag, 2 glasses cases, lots of medications, Nasonex, Floss, x2 Purell, Headache tablets, chewing gum, Mirror, Paw Paw Ointment, Hairspray, Coin Purse, Business Cards, Purse, Fan, Shopping bag carriers, Elastic band, Hair clips, Hair bands, bobby pins, Bulldog clip, KFC wet wipe, Lip gloss, x2 lip liners & eye liner.
I shared the image as I have shared images of my bag contents previously without much of a thought.... after all, tonnes of ladies have shared the contents of their handbags on blogs and social media sites in the past.

The reception from others was mixed.  Some thought it was weird, others thought it was funny.  

It got me thinking.  Are the contents of a women's bag REALLY as personal as people let on them to be.  Obviously I have proven that I have no issue with it.  But I don't understand what the big deal is!! 

What do you think? Public?  Or personal?

I'd really love to hear your thoughts.  The topic has my speechless and slightly annoyed.


Christy

No comments: