Thursday, March 1, 2012

Caramelised Onion Rissoles

If I haven't made it clear in the past, let me make it clear now.  I.  Hate.  Cooking.  I wish I was wealthy and could hire someone to tend to my every eating and meal desire.  But reality is, I have to cook every so often to keep husby happy.  We often eat eggs on toast for dinner.  Frozen dinners.  Oh so healthy I hear you saying!!  But I do cook on occasion, and sometimes my knowledge of flavour combinations surprises me. 

Now I bought some lovely fresh bread rolls at the shops this week so decided homemade burgers was a good idea.  So I defrosted my beef mince and somehow managed to come up with this SUPER tasty awesome excellent delicious makes you want to eat ten of them rissole recipe.  :)  Enjoy!

Caramelised Onion Rissoles  



500g beef mince
1 large onion, diced small
1 tbspn minced garlic
1 tbspn raw sugar
1 tspn vegetable stock powder
4 tbspn fried shallots (found in Asian section)
2 eggs
Polenta
Plain flour

Cook your onion, garlic and raw sugar over a low heat, stirring regularly until the onion is soft and caramelised.  Then in a large bowl combine the onion, mince, vegetable stock, dried shallots, and 2 eggs.  Mix well, and add Polenta until consistency is right.  Then roll into balls and cover in flour.  Cook over a medium heat with a little bit of olive oil in the pan. 

Add it to a fresh bread roll and some salad and get some of that into ya!! Mmmm!


Christy

1 comment:

Lisa - Sweet Little Pretties said...

A good home cooked meal! Looks yum