Sunday, July 17, 2011

A quick table display.

Once again, in preparation for my demonstration this week, I have something to share.  Today at church I was asked to do a table display promoting the upcoming activity this week.  I am really annoyed at myself that I didn't think to take a picture of my little display, but I didn't want you to miss out so I ended up setting it up at home to take a photo for you.  It looked great and I got lots of compliments from people who were looking forward to what I was going to demonstrate at the activity.   


And here are closeup's of all the elements.


That is the table runner that I told you about earlier in the week.  I just used some scrap fabric to tie around the vase, and spray painted some sticks with red & silver spray paint.


My first attempt at bunting!! I just chose some scrap fabrics that co-ordinated with the table runner and whipped it up in under an hour.  I am super pleased with it and will be making some again soon because it was so simple!

And then for the cutlery frame.  This one took a little more work.  I just painted a thrifted frame black.  Then I traced my cutlery placement on the frame backing, and drilled some nice narrow holes using the husby's electric drill.  


Next was to spray paint the wood.  I did it silver, but I think if I did it again I would use a more contrasting colour.  White, green, blue or red were some of husby's suggestions.  Next time!



I am happy how it turned out regardless!
I still have a couple of things to show you.  Hopefully I'll have some time this week to share it.  

TOPIC CHANGE!!  I am moving!!  Our lease is up next month and we are moving in with my parents for a year to save money towards buying a house.  So I am already madly going through the house deciding what to do with all of our stuff!!!  Some we are already attempting to sell, others we are putting aside to sell at the local car boot sale early next month.  Then I need to start looking at what do we put away in boxes for a year, and what will we still use while living at mum and dads.  We are going to have ALOT less room, so I need to be brutal and part with alot of our possessions.  Alot of the older electrical appliances will be going, a few bits of furniture, including our couch!  It's gonna be fun!


Christy

3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Good luck moving, we do it all the time, storage is the key & knowing what to cull, with love. Good luck, love Posie

Naturally Carol said...

You have been busy lately with getting your demo ready! I hope it goes really well for you. All the best with your move too.

Photography said...

I love how many different things you come up with!! That frame is awesome.