Monday, March 28, 2011

Crunchy Salad Recipe

WARNING:  No pictures to make you feel hungry.  But maybe that's a good thing?

I will be the first to admit this is a STOLEN recipe.  I am not genious to come up with it on my own, but I am sharing it because everyone must have the opportunity to eat such delicious things, plus people asked for it.

INGREDIENTS:
- Half a cabbage, finelly sliced
- 2 carrots, thickly grated
- few stalks of a celery, finely chopped
- small red onion, finelly sliced
- couple shallots, chopped
- 1/2 packet Chang's Oriental Fried Noodles

DRESSING:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayo

These are all approximate meausurements so use some of your own judgement.  Basically chop all the vegies and mix in a bowl.  Mix the dressing in a seperate bowl and then mix it through the vegies.. I just add a little at a time till there's enough.  Then I add the Fried Noodles right before serving.  If you add them too early, then you can just call this "Salad", cause there will be no fun crunchy left!! 

This should make about 4 serves, and if you use low fat mayo, it is only 2 1/2 points per serve according to Weight Watchers, so it is quite a healthy salad.  But I will not lie, full fat mayo tastes better in this salad.  So realistically it's probably about 4 1/2 points. 

Enjoy!
Christy

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yumm!! I make a similar salad using Wombok (chinese cabbage) and the dressing is white vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and a little sugar - and with some pine nuts too! Very nice!

Just wanted to let you know your feature post has just been posted on my blog. Thanks again for taking part - I'll be linking to some blog parties later today to get some more traffic through to promote you!

have a great day!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/