Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Organised Home - Project DRESSER!

My dresser has been overflowing and bugging me for MONTHS!  I have been talking about cleaning it out for as long as it's been bugging me.  For some reason I kept putting it off!!  Today I did it!

The dreaded dresser.  I might point out that I am well aware of it's ugliness.  Currently saving for a new bedroom suite :)

Overflowing drawers. 

The worst drawer - sweaters!

Much better!  Gave a few up so there's alot more space.

Singlets/jumpers/scarves.  Threw out a few of each.

PJ & Swimmers drawer!  Notice the gap on the right?  My swimmers haven't made their way into the drawers for a while.

It only took me about half an hour to organise it all again.  Don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  I ended up with three piles of things.  

1.  Too old to keep and not salvagable for upcycling, resulting in being tossed!
2.  Salvagable for upcycling.
3.  Giveaways - in good nick, just never really worn.  

It was nice to get in and get it done!
Now, next is to tackle shoes..... and this is only one of their homes.  This one isn't going to be as fun.



PS.  Don't forget to vote on my poll - top right hand corner of my blog!!
PPS.  I am getting ready to announce my giveaway.  Yay!

Christy

3 comments:

Christine M said...

Hi Christy. I keep putting things off like that but don't you feel so good when you eventually get around to sorting everything out! Which reminds me, I really must sort out the linen cupboard.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like having a good clean out.

That dresser would look fab with a lick of paint and some new knobs, give it a new lease of life you'd be surprised :)

Photography said...

You could pretty it up with a doily runner :-) on top.