Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Midnight Madess, Skirt Making & Proposals.

#17
So today's post is more of what I've been up to this week.

I forgot to add these photo's from the Midnight Madness which was mentioned in yesterday's blog post.  I TRIED, (tried being the main word in this whole sentence) to take some creative shots of the going ons of the room.  After trying for about 2 mins I forgot about it the rest of the night.. DOH!!
See that lady in the second picture with the short brown hair on the far right side, turning her head off to the right?  Yeah, that's my mum :)

I also forgot to mention that I got a Christmas Stitchery that night, which I haven't even looked at yet.  But I decided I'm going to take it to Amrika with me next month and it will give me something to do when I'm bored.  I'll show you once I get started on it.

I have started making myself a skirt.  I even drafted the pattern all by myself.  And the best part is I had to make it from A4 paper, all sticky taped together for the pieces.  It is going to be a 7 tiered patchwork gypsy skirt.  Here are the delicious fun fabrics I chose to use (from my stash):
So far I've only completed two tiers.. so I'll show you once it's all done.  I plan on working on it more this afternoon/tonight.

Yesterday husby and I went to Southbank on the Brisbane River, which is right opposite Brisbane CBD.  We were there on a mission.  You see, my brother proposed to his girlfriend yesterday, and he wanted the proposal to be an all day thing.  So they re-lived previous dates/experiences they've had.  One was they rode scooters around Southbank.  There were MANY stations and at each station there was a clue to the next location.  Anyway, our station was to have two scooters set up in a certain spot at Southbank, with a blue balloon and a Chuppa Chup attached to each scooter, and also to have the clue attached to a scooter.
We positioned ourselves a good 10 metres away under a big ole Palm Tree.
It was a gorgeous day.  The sun was amazing.  It has been raining here for pretty much 2 weeks.  I even got a little sunburn on my face, which for some reason excited me.  The lack of sunlight really made me cuckoo.
ANYWAY...  so we were somewhat hidden from the scooters, but close enough to make sure no one nicked them. 
This is right after they found the scooters.  They found us and came over for a piccie.

Well that's all I have time for, I'm heading over to my parents place for a family dinner to find out all the proposal stories.  I also decopaged a box today, but will show you piccies tomorrow when it's dry.  Hope you had a creative fun day!

Until tomorrow,
Christy

No comments: