Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stash Busting Creation #1

Incase you haven't heard, Robin over at The T-Shirt Diaries has a MAD competition going on!! It's called Stashbusting September... which may come across as an odd or alarming title. BUT... it is a fantastic idea. Basically all you have to do is take a pledge that you will buy copious amounts of fantastic supplies not buy any new crafting supplies for the month of September, and dig through your "stashes" and be creative with what you already have. So if you want to participate (cause there is a prize!) head on over to Robin's blog. Hurry, time is running out!
 
Now for what I've whipped up. I have HEAPS of fabric. Now for those who may have only just started following my blog, let me fill you in a little about me. I do not buy new fabric from fabric stores. It's my general rule. I prefer to buy my fabric in the form of old quilt covers, old sheets, old clothes, scraps etc etc - from Op Shops (Thrift Stores). That way everything stays fun and different and I like it that way.

I started off with a bunch of fabrics that I thought went well together in a fun way...











....and made these!













I love them!  What do you think?

Happy crafting... (and stash busting)

6 comments:

Robin Ange said...

Yeah! Thank you so much for signing up! Don't forget to post your Stashbusting September crafts in the contest section! So excited to have you on board.

About Me said...

ohhhh - I love them too!!!! So nice and bright and fun!!! I LOVE them! They look fantastic! You def have an eye for colour dont you...xxx

Melissa said...

I love how the zipper is used in the tubular pillow - how we can see the whole thing and it is a decorative/design element rather than a tool.

Maureen F. said...

So pretty - love the colors - nice job

I became a follower - please follow me :)

Unknown said...

agreed. i like the zipper and button embellishments on your cushions too. very cool touches to make these cushions stand out from the crowd!

Abby said...

Love Love LOVE :)